What's your Favorite Food?

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Movie Poster Promo

For our next G.T. project, Mr. Sanderl instructed us to make our own movie trailer and poster. I was actually pretty excited to receive this project because it seemed pretty fun. My team consists of me, Ana, Kuumomi, and April, and we all agreed on my story for the movie trailer project, which at the same time, is honorable and terrifying. My poster shows all of the actors. (Except for a few exceptions)The characters are Calypso(Me), her father(Aedan), Artemis(Leila), Apollo(Rafael), Hera(Keegan), Hecate(Hannah), and Orion(Noa). But the poster only shows Calypso, her father, Artemis, and Apollo staring off into the sunset, which sounds pretty freaking majestic in my opinion.

My movie is called "Calypso's Journey". I called it this because... well basically a girl named Calypso needs to go on this journey to Rome from Greece. So I thought "Calypso's Journey" would be an appropriate title for this story. Another thing on my poster is the catchphrase which states: "Saving her family is harder than she thought" I chose to make this the catchphrase because Calypso goes through many tough challenges in my story that not just anyone would have an easy time going through them. One thing that I should explain is the definition of kerning and why we should even use it. Well kerning is basically is the process of adjusting the spacing between characters in a proportional font. I feel like we should use this because not only does it look a lot better, but it could make more room for other things I might want to put in there.

Now that I FINALLY finished my movie poster, I took the picture of me on the red brick wall, and put it in front of a picture of a forest. Of course, in order to actually make this possible I had to put some filters on it. I used a filter called film grain which made it look a bit more like a sketch and a lot more bright. I'm actually really proud on what I accomplished! Although, I could retrace my body a little better because some of the brick wall is showing up in the forest...  



  
My Not-Quite-Finished Movie Poster
My Finished Movie Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment