What's your Favorite Food?

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Movie Trailer Critique


P1T6 Calypsos Journey from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.

Our G.T. class's new project was making a movie trailer and movie poster out of our own ideas. I really enjoyed this project because there were so many things we could do. My team consisted of Me, Ana, April, and Kuumomi. We all chose my story, which was a big honor. My story was about a girl named Calypso who finds out that she's a demigod and must save her mother, Artemis,  from Rome. I got to be the main character in the trailer and I was also the voice actor. Once again, a huge honor!

Our project requirements were to include at least five scenes, dialogue, a voice acting script, foley, text layovers, some effects, and the movie poster. We were completely successful in all of them except we didn't really have any effects because we A: Didn't really need them. And B: ran out of time. Another requirement that we needed was that the movie trailer needed to be between 1.5 to 2.5 minutes. Which we accomplished.

So after we made our trailer and poster, we had to do the horrifying act of GT: Critiquing... *Dramatic Music*. The whole class plus Mr. Sanderl watched everyones trailer, including our team's of course. Our results were mostly Satisfactory, and will be included below. We had quite a bit of "Room for improvement" answers and only a little "Above and Beyond!" answers. I do agree with all of the results, but I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed. I thought we deserved a little more though. Oh well, At least I have a Zeglafufe! (An "A")...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kiara! I love how you have customized your blog to match you personality. HOWEVER, GUNS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SCHOOL YOUNG WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete