What's your Favorite Food?

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Real World Report



So I was scrolling through some of the world news stories, when I came across a story that caught my attention: Australian 'terror suspect' killed in Melbourne. From what I read from the article, it seems that the man who was shot, who was under surveillance, was brandishing a flag of the Islamic State(IS) militant group. Supposedly, the two police officers that were in the incident were stabbed before they shot the man. Both of the officers have been taken to the hospital, one of which is reported in stable condition.


This story was interesting to me because someone who was under surveillance for claims of terrorism decided to act out and stab two officers while brandishing a flag of the Islamic State. It was also interesting because it made me wonder. Why would he act out like that if he knew he was being watched?


I'm telling you about this because it's a real tragedy that three people were either hurt of killed in this incident for a serious reason. I could see why most people don't care about it, or do but will forget about it later on today, but just take the time to think about these people's families. It's really sad and they deserve some of our empathy, even if it won't help whatsoever. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29331228

2 comments:

  1. i love the way you right and also the way that you word things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog Kiara! Great background and layout! Also, we had the same news article; twinsies.

    ReplyDelete